As of January 2017, we're dropping Skedda as a booking system for our machines. We are replacing it with a shared Google calendar. The setup is basic for now, but we'll be able to build a more sophisticated access layer that takes courses etc. into account in the future.
To book a machine at Bitraf, you need to do this:
- Get the proper training for the machine you want to use
- Be a paying Bitraf member if you want to use the laser cutter or CNC mill
- Join our Google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/bitraf
- Click the "Booking av Bitrafs maskiner" link at the top of the group
- Reply yes when asked if you want to join the booking calendar
Please note that it will take a few minutes after registerering in the Google Group for you to get permission to setup a booking.
To book, simply add an event to the Bitraf booking calendar. However, for a booking to be valid, it has to include the following info: - The name of the machine you're booking (see the bottom of the post for the machine names) - Your name, including first and last name (no nicknames, please, not everyone knows your nickname) - Your phone number
This info is important to ensure things work as smoothly as possible. Use the phone numbers to coordinate if you or anyone else is running late.
- Laser cutter
- 3D-printer BoxBot
- 3D-printer YarrBot
- 3D-printer NotBot