Bitraf Green Card
Pump control with arduino. Primarily for watering of plants but feel free to hack it and find other uses.
We envision that this packet will be the common pump control start kit for several different plant growing projects at bitraf.
- Virtual breadboard test run of the software
- Google spreadsheet with all the project background (live-wiki)
- Bitraf-Green-Card github repository for sharing all the schematics, software and drawings the project generates
- Arduinio UNO, since we sell them at bitraf
- Assorted components (Please fill in.)
- 2 of 12V pumps
- 2 soil moisture sensors (tons are available online, see example)
The latest version of Bitraf-Green-Card can be found at Github. Version history:
Version 0.1 - "SoilMoistBasic"
- To test the concept of a automatic watering system
- Pumps water for 1 second after 6 seconds if the moisture sensor is dry.
- Created 22 Jan 2015
- By Jakob Nilsson
- No Rights Reserved
In and outputs
- 2 outputs 12V >1A outputs to drive two pumps
- 2 input sockets for 4 pin soil moisture sensors
- 12V input
- Independent for the two pumps and sensors
- Pump water for a preset intervall at preset intevalls
- Detect if soil is moist or dry with a adjustable moisture level (trim-screw)
- Possibility to choose not to pump depending on if the soil is dry or not
- Reprogrammable via USB
Examples of use; check once per 24h or every 5 seconds
Later possible features
- 230V relay for light control with timer
- LCDisplay output
- Logging of soil moisture levels over time (USB brodcast)
- Battery backup for data logging
- Data gathering
- 230V light control (relay)
Prototype build #1
We achieved automatic watering of plants in soil at Bitraf 22/1-2015 with version v1.0 of the Bitraf Green Card on a breadboard!
Shield prototype #1
Work is proceeding to make an arduino shield.